Re: Toripa Antenna Tree Cave map almost done.

Discuss anything that involves Wikifang, the Telefang Wiki, here.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I ripped the map of Toripa Antenna Tree Cave. This one was annoying because of the mazes, and if you want the items, you have to fall and then make your way back up again. With this map, you no longer have to guess which paths to take at the end!

The only thing I have left to do here is label the staircases and the exit. And I guess I should label the treasure chests...

Floor 1:

Floor 2:

Floor 3:

Floor 4:

Floor 5 (like this REALLY needs a map):

Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Ooh, ooh, very nice. I should continue working on my overworld map. (and finally have to figure out how to walk throu walls \: )
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Well, I was trying to figure out how to walk through walls, but I never figured that out. I did, however, find some other GameShark codes that can help you out...

01xx03C9 - Acre
This one requires you to find the acres from the ROM. This code allows you constantly be on the same piece of land, regardless of where you actually are on the map. (This code is the very code that got me to figure out how to hack maps in the first place!)

01xx04C9 - Map modifier (This lets you change which map you're on... also, doesn't this order look familiar to you?)
* 00 - ???
* 01 - ???
* 02 - Overworld Map - Upper left quadrant
* 03 - Overworld Map - Upper right quadrant
* 04 - Overworld Map - Lower left quadrant
* 05 - Overworld Map - Lower right quadrant
* 06 - Antenna Tree - Upper left quadrant
* 07 - Antenna Tree - Upper right quadrant
* 08 - Antenna Tree - Lower left quadrant
* 09 - Antenna Tree - Lower right quadrant
* 0A - Toronko Village Water Station
* 0B - Mart/House
* 0C - Kurinon Village Cave - Floor 1
* 0D - Kurinon Village Cave - Floor 2
* 0E - Paparuna Lake Laboratory
* 0F - Panses Village Cave
* 10 - Toripa Antenna Tree Cave - Floor 1
* 11 - Toripa Antenna Tree Cave - Floor 2
* 12 - Toripa Antenna Tree Cave - Floor 3
* 13 - Toripa Antenna Tree Cave - Floor 4
* 14 - Toripa Antenna Tree Cave - Floor 5
* 15 - Peperi Mountain - Floor 1
* 16 - Peperi Mountain - Floor 2
* 17 - Peperi Mountain - Floor 3
* 18 - Peperi Mountain - Floor 4
* 19 - Peperi Mountain - Floor 5
* 1A - Kakotos Relic - Floor 1
* 1B - Kakotos Relic - Floor 2
* 1C - Kakotos Relic - Floor 3
* 1D - Kakotos Relic - Floor 4
* 1E - Kakotos Relic - Floor 5
* 1F - Kakotos Relic - Floor 6
* 20 - Kakotos Relic - Floor 7
* 21 - Kakotos Relic - Floor 8
* 22 - Burion Relic - Floor 1
* 23 - Burion Relic - Floor 2
* 24 - Burion Relic - Floor 3
* 25 - Burion Relic - Floor 4
* 26 - Burion Relic - Floor 5
* 27 - Burion Relic - Floor 6
* 28 - Burion Relic - Floor 7
* 29 - Burion Relic - Floor 8
* 2A - Burion Relic - Floor 9
* 2B - Human World - Main Area
* 2C - Human World - Antenna Tree
* 2D - Human World - Unused Buildings
* 2E - ????
* 2F - ????
* 30 - Second D-Shoot
* 31 - Switch Palace (Activates Palm Sea Antenna Tree)
* 32 - Ion Island Cave - Floor 1
* 33 - Ion Island Cave - Basement 1
* 34 - Ion Island Cave - Basement 2

01xx06C9 - Position on map (This modifies where you are on the map, and is perhaps the most useful code for ripping maps)

The format is like this:

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07
08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 1A 1B 1C 1D 1E 1F
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 2A 2B 2C 2D 2E 2F
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
38 39 3A 3B 3C 3D 3E 3F
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Thanks a lot for the info! Any way you could supply these in memory adress? Also, do you have any converter, where I'd enter a memory adress, the value to replace and it would create a gameshark code for me?

Two minor cheats from me:
010027CB -- no fade in/fade out when entering a map with different tileset, opening menu etc. Just cosmetical.
0101C0CA -- autorun d:

By the way, I just did figure out how to Walk Though Walls.

It just... sucks. I'd bet there's a better way to do it.
I have no cheat. I just enter the memory viewer, and put a FF-sized dump full of zeros on the CA6F adress. It lets you walk throu walls on the map you are in. But you have to erease it again every time you enter a new map.

What it *actually* does?
It practically deletes the map data. That means replaces the whole map with walkable nothingness. The graphic is still there, that is until it's forced to reload (either partially by a message box or fully by menu). Using the tiles you supplied, you can change the map...

But it works, so I is happy! ^__^
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

LOL, once you know the GameShark code, you can find the memory address very easily. Just take the last four digits of the code, and then switch the first two with the last two. For example, with the code for the coordinates (01xx06C9), you just take the last four digits (06C9), and switch the C9 with the 06 to get C906. That's your memory address.

And I'll try that "code" of yours out...
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Oh. So that's how you encode/decode Gameshark codes. Thanks! I COULD make a GS code of this... But I'm afraid it'd erease the map even before you enter it (e.g. make it invisible, thus inpossible to rip). Plus it'd be LONG.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, that would be a pain in the neck if the GameShark code was that long... and it would take forever to do.

Anyway, I added the sprites (I only did Speed Version sprites so far, I'll do Power Version sprites sometime later), and I labeled the staircases!

http://www.freewebs.com/blaziken257/telefang/map_tree.html

You can uncheck the boxes if you don't want them there, though... and I still need to do the treasure chests...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Is the solidity assigned to each different tile, or just to the tile spaces on the map?

Assuming that solidity is assigned to different tiles then I would suggest altering the solidity of every solid tile in ram. Of course, finding this information would be a pain, but at a very likely 1 or 2 bits per individual tile (8 or 4 to a byte), you can hardly complain about length.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

If I understand what you're trying to say, then the solidity is assigned to each different tile. That means when you change a tile on the map, it affects the solidity. I know it's possible to change the tiles on the map, which is easy when you figure it out, so that can be done. I'll try to figure out how to change the properties of each tile, though it'll be hard to find.

Tiles also have other properties too, such as:

- Falling down pits
- Being able to turn into another object when walked or run over (grass, fragile ground, etc.)
- Switches (they trigger different events)
- Getting items (from treasure chests)
- Warpable/non-warpable (like staircases, doors, etc.)
- Water (this includes the splashing effect, reduction in speed, and only being able to access it after a certain point in the game)
- Movable objects (like boxes)
- Liftable objects (like the vases which are so copied from Zelda)
- One-way objects (like the red slopes in the antenna tree)
- Jumping objects (like the one-way path in Craft Laboratory)

There are probably others too... and there has to be some way to figure all these out!
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote: If I understand what you're trying to say, then the solidity is assigned to each different tile. That means when you change a tile on the map, it affects the solidity. I know it's possible to change the tiles on the map, which is easy when you figure it out, so that can be done. I'll try to figure out how to change the properties of each tile, though it'll be hard to find.

Tiles also have other properties too, such as:

- Falling down pits
- Being able to turn into another object when walked or run over (grass, fragile ground, etc.)
- Switches (they trigger different events)
- Getting items (from treasure chests)
- Warpable/non-warpable (like staircases, doors, etc.)
- Water (this includes the splashing effect, reduction in speed, and only being able to access it after a certain point in the game)
- Movable objects (like boxes)
- Liftable objects (like the vases which are so copied from Zelda)
- One-way objects (like the red slopes in the antenna tree)
- Jumping objects (like the one-way path in Craft Laboratory)

There are probably others too... and there has to be some way to figure all these out!
Liftable objects are obviously sprites, we are looking more at background tiles to player interations that are specific to certain tiles. So that leaves holes, water, one-way stuff, jumping objects, solid tiles, pass through tiles, and various "state change upon interaction" tiles. Then again how do you make a tile use multiple tiles? Seriously I...

..my head hurts...