Gachaste! Dino Device (Red and Blue)

Discuss the Dino Device 1 games here.
RacieB

Re: Gachaste! Dino Device (Red and Blue)

Post by RacieB »

Well, the main issue is that I don't know how/where the rest of the text is hidden in the rom. Also, because of the large number of characters, they're encoded in 16bit which makes Relative Search useless, I think ==; If I could just figure out how to make the alternate table(s?) I'd be fine x__x

Anyway, here's more screenshots:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I've never played this game before, but when I was (unsuccessfully) trying to hack a certain Japanese game a while ago, it seemed that the English character set and the Japanese character set were in two different tables (and I didn't know how to make it load the English character set at all...). I have no idea how to hack this (again, I've never played the game), but I'm guessing that there are separate character tables for the Dino names. Hmmm.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Well, I managed to find the Dino names, but menus and stuff are still being elusive. Here's what I just now completed, though:

Her full name is Persia, but there was hardly any allowance for space. This is a REALLY common problem in this rom, so much so that I ended up shortening all constellation Style names to their three-letter astronomy abbreviations (Sgr for Sagittarius, UMa for Ursa Major, etc.) Also, note that I'm a guy. Picking Female for your profile doesn't matter, you will always be a guy. Anyway, after a swift beatdown...

Image Image
Yes. It helps me buy stuff. Give me my Bits!

Mmmmmmm, Bits.

Image Image
By new Dino, I assume she's dumping her losing ones.. harsh.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

RacieB,Jan 18 2008 wrote: Image Image
By new Dino, I assume she's dumping her losing ones.. harsh.
In these sort of games there is a reoccurring theme of bad people (they make this obvious btw) who treats their creatures like crap. Pokemon did it, digimon did it, jade cocoon 2 did it, etc.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Aw, I'm really looking forward to playing the game now...XD Do you know anything about the differences between the red and blue versions? Or even how many monsters are in it, for starters? XD Some of them look really good, I must admit. *nod*

Also, not to be a bother, but shouldn't the name of the game be Dyna Device rather than Dino? It's spelled daina in kana, and that's how I see the game listed on other sites....From what you've described, that'd make the monsters be called dynamos, too, which sounds a bit more normal...*nod* Just saying...!
LiamBrady(imported)

Post by LiamBrady(imported) »

Hahah! I tried that game once.
Didn't like it at all xD
Yay
It was too... Not Telefang'ish ;)
ignaciokidscool(imported)

Post by ignaciokidscool(imported) »

good game

and information

and the videos that you uploaded (youtube) are good too
ignaciokidscool(imported)

Post by ignaciokidscool(imported) »

I go in strange part of the game

the factory explodes and everything is despersed

where i have to go now?

the coloseum explodes too
DeKaFu

Post by DeKaFu »

I'm not sure you can evolve your Dinos. There might not be evolution in the game. :/ I might be wrong though.

XD By the way, did you know that you can ride on four-legged Dinos? The ones that have the pawprint as their icon. You just press R in the town and select them, and rush around town on them!