Will a translation patch for Dino Device 1 ever be made?

Discuss the Dino Device 1 games here.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Will a translation patch for Dino Device 1 ever be made?

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I don't mean right now of course, since everyone is working on the Telefang translation (which is the most important), but I was wondering if one would be done in the future since there seems to be a general interest on the forum in translating Smilesoft's published games.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

There is one started by RacieB. I'm not sure what else to say, alas, nobody has bothered to continue working on it.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I suppose that's probably because the Telefang patch has more priority and is more well known by people that come here, but i'd love to see an english Dino Device translation. RacieB looks like she got off to a good start. It's a shame we don't have more members to work on it...
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

I'd love to see a translation too, especially since I really like the game. XD (Though it feels like Racie and I are the only ones who have played it...)

The current plan is to translate all of the Smilesoft games for sure eventually, starting with the Telefang ones...*nod* Which means Dino Device will probably end up last, but then again it does seem to have slightly less to translate than the others, so maybe we could at least put together a proper menu translation or something in the meantime...? XD *shrug*

So far I have the Dino and item names done, so maybe we could work on adding those in first. *nod*
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

That's good that the Smilesoft games are all going to be translated eventually. All of them are very interesting and it'll be great to introduce people to them as well as Telefang.
Diamond(imported)

Post by Diamond(imported) »

wrote:There is one started by RacieB. I'm not sure what else to say, alas, nobody has bothered to continue working on it.
:o I didn't know there was a translation patch for Dino Device !
last time I played i was stuck at the begining, building houses for eternity ....

But I liked the music, and it had charm.
I'm thinking about buying the blue version, since I'm starting to collect smilesoft games.

By the way, what's the difference between Red and Blue ?
Kimbles(imported)

Diamond wrote:By the way, what's the difference between Red and Blue ?
Not much. XD From what I can tell, it's mostly invisible stuff that affects which items and Dinos are more common... Apparently Red has more lasers and guns, and Blue has more missiles and swords... XD You also get a fire (red) or water (blue) Centaurus Dino at the start of the game depending on the version, but I think everything is still obtainable in both versions, so it's kind of pointless. XD Just pick whichever color you like more, I guess.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Are all the monsters obtainable in each game but just have a different rarity depending on the version?
Kimbles(imported)

Well, there's a system where the birthday you put in when you first start the game decides which elements are more common in your game, and which elements those are for a particular birthday is different depending on the version. XD So there aren't any version exclusives really, but it can affect the Dinos and Devices you get in a cryptic and roundabout way that you have no control over. *nod*

So basically the only difference between them is that melee weapons might be more common in Blue, and the element of the Centaurus you get at the beginning of the game. *nod* It's possible there might be other changes that I don't know about, though...XD I've only ever played Red.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

That's a really unusual mechanic for a game, but I guess it's also unique. At least it means no version trading is needed.

Do you start off with a specific monster or is it random?