The Rocket Company - owned by Imagineer?

Discuss Smilesoft/Rocket Company in general here.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: The Rocket Company - owned by Imagineer?

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

After reading the Japanese wiki for The Rocket Company, it appears they are a subsidary of/owned by a company called Imagineer Co. Ltd, who have produced a few games for the Super Famicom and Gameboy systems themselves. I thought this was something interesting that the forum might like to know, since Rocket now holds the rights to Telefang. I'd heard Rocket company was originally Smilesoft, but i'm not exactly sure if it's true or not.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I'm honestly not surprised to hear that, given that Rocket Company has made at least one Medarot (Medabots? I don't know the difference) game for the DS recently. And yes, there is evidence that Smilesoft actually is Rocket Company -- just read here.

So Smilesoft and Imagineer are related... which makes sense as Natsume publishes games from both companies.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Imagineer coded both Telefang 1 and Medarot 1, at least. They use the same compression routine.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Seems like they all collaborated with each other at some point or other. That's interesting to know Natsume has published both games from Imagineer and Smilesoft.

I'd read the thread about Smilesoft being related to Rocket, but the Japanese wiki didn't mention Smilesoft at all in the Rocket article....funny.