The Auction Topic!

Being Japanese exclusive games, Smilesoft games are hard to find. If you find any auctions, list them here!
CrazyDawgy(imported)

Re: The Auction Topic!

Post by CrazyDawgy(imported) »

Hello everyone! This is the auction topic I spoke of. I will be updating it as additional Smilesoft listings come up... or games from Smilesoft series. Enjoy, and feel free to PM or post anything I missed to be added to the list.

Terms used: BIN=Buy it Now, BO=Best Offer, BOX=In Box, maybe with manual, MIB=Mint In Box, includes manual for sure and is in mint condition, Set=More than one item in listing, at least one is related to the section.

Telefang-
Telefang 2: Power version. 3.99 (starting bid)

Dino Device-
Dino Device 2: Blue (?) Version. 3.99 (starting bid)

Bugsite-
Bugsite: Beta Limited (MIB) 19.00 (BIN)
Bugsite: Alpha Limited (MIB) 19.00 (BIN)

Semi-Smilesoft Games (generally regarded to be related)-
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children (BOX) 14.99 (BIN)
Mushi-1 Grand Prix (apparently Smilesoft related?) (BOX) 29.99 (BIN)
Mushi-1 Grand Prix (apparently Smilesoft related?) (BOX) 37.80 (BIN)

Bootlegs-
Pokemon Diamond (Telefang) (apparently is broken, powers down Gameboy) and Pokemon Adventure (appears to be a Sonic hack!?) 82.00 (BIN or BO) XD
Pokemon Ruby (bootleg label, black cart, Telefang 2 Bootleg?), Red Rescue Team and Emerald (Set) 3.26 (Current Bid, 4 so far)

To be updated whenever something new comes up or when an auction ends (and I will try to check daily for those things)...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

"Dino Device 2: Dragon Version" actually.

You should include the currency code (USD=US Dollars, AUD=Australian Dollars).

Yahoo! Japan Auctions:
Crypto Toy:
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n70509783

I am too lazy to list anything else for Yahoo! Japan Auctions (auctions.yahoo.co.jp), or amazon.co.jp for that matter, but there is a large amount of Smilesoft stuff in there for anyone that can get around the common "no overseas shipping" problem. Use "ダイナデバイス" to search for Dino Device, "バグサイト" to search for Bugsite, "テレファング" to search for Telefang, and "スマイルソフト" to search for Smilesoft.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I found a product on Yahoo! Japan Auctions that will actually ship overseas:
http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j34658413

It is Telefang: Speed Version. There is only a day left, no bids so far, and it is for 1,001 yen.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

^That one doesn't appear to have the antenna, though, judging from the lack of the word "Limited" on the box.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

It also seems to say that it's cartridge only, and that because it's used they can't guarantee that the saving will still work. >_> Screw that... (I'll translate any descriptions if you want.)

Honestly, I'd hate to imagine figuring out how to set up an account there anyway, and the payment methods would be completely different (no paypal). Plus anything you get is always going to be super expensive after international shipping. );

Still, Yahoo Auctions is a nice place to find pictures of stuff. XD Here's the links...
Telefang
Bugsite
Dino Device

If you do find something there that you absolutely must get (like a set of games), there are sites that will bid on or buy things for you, for a fee. D: I'd consider all other options first though.

The Amazon.jp marketplace is also pretty good for buying player's guides, since most of them are sold there for 1 yen. D: Amazon.jp can ship internationally for books that are in stock, but not video games, and not for anything sold in the marketplace. :/ They also don't include pictures from the individual sellers, unlike auctions... *nod*
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I keep considering grabbing that $30 copy of Beetle Grapple, as I've wanted to own it for a while but having played it a bit emulated.. I'd say it's not worth quite that much x_x It's a pretty simplistic game, all you really do is guess where your opponent is going to move next turn and attack that spot. You win a match and you get their beetle, which can attack in a different (much less useful) pattern than the one you started with.

Hilarious art direction, due to human characters being as anime as is legally possible while the beetles are rendered in such anatomically-correct 3D that it lags my computer whenever it attempts to render them, but not worth thirty bucks imo.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Well this sucks. Someone outbid me on Telefang 2. I was hoping to get it at the starting price. :(

Oh well, at least I got bugsite, and I doubt anyone would compete for Dino Device 2. :D
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

You should have placed a higher maximum bid on that (maybe US $10). That way, you stand a better chance of snagging it. And if nobody bid on it, you would still pay the starting price regardless.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

OMG, I got it! Just barely though... but who cares! I HAVE TELEFANG 2*!

*In a few weeks maybe.
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Where did you get it? Amazon?