Re: Telefang Speed on Ebay

Being Japanese exclusive games, Smilesoft games are hard to find. If you find any auctions, list them here!
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Just curious, did we ever get any proof for that? XD It makes more sense to me that both editions would use the exact same cartridge...
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

andwhyisit wrote:No. Hit-Japan's listing is still there.
I wrote that the Power Limited version was out of stock. It sold out a while back in their store.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

KenjutheDenjuu wrote:That's good to hear ^_^ If your copy works then the other copies they've sold will have a fair chance of working too. I've heard the batteries for GBC games are tricky to replace, and I wouldn't know how to go about doing that without breaking the game if the battery turns out to be dead.
Yeah, I opened my cart trying to replace the battery, and since I don't know how to weld I have the battery half filed out of the clip T_T It's been sitting like that for... well almost since I got it a couple years ago. Still have the replacement battery too, sigh. I'm just too afraid of breaking the cart to continue with it.
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

Selyte wrote:With my copy, I can save :) It works perfectly!
When I got my new copy of speed of Gamebaz It saved perfectly for two weeks and then the battery died (probably from not being used at all for 10 years.) Luckily my dad helped me replace it. Same thing happened with my diamond and several pokemon games. All he did was snap the old battery out taking care not to rip the metal bits , put little skirt that was around the old battery around the new one , then place it in-between the metal connectors (on top and one underneath) and secure it tightly with tape , putting the whole thing together again and hey presto you have a perfectly saving game! He also helped me mod an arcade stick with geniune japanese parts ,we did use a tutorial video to see where everything went though.

Below is a pic of a replaced battery pokemon crystal where you can see the tape inside the transparent case.

RacieB

Post by RacieB »

How did you snap the battery out of the metal clip? In my copy of Power, it was welded with a small dot on both the top and bottom of the battery, I took an x-acto knife and sawed the battery off the top half but couldn't get the bottom done in the same way without worrying about breaking it or slipping and stabbing myself in the thumb =X

That's one thing I noticed though about all the bootlegs carts I've opened, they have really easy to replace batteries XP Why can't the real ones be like that???
Fangblade90(imported)

Post by Fangblade90(imported) »

As the whole battery replacement thing was done quite a while ago I can't exactly remember how dad had done it. From what I can recall ,my dad used a fine blade to snap the battery off the circuit board but I can't be sure. You could try and look up an internet tutorial on how to replace the battery and you should get detailed information on how to do it without the need for soldering.
As for the bootleg carts having slide in battery slots, well, I suppose the Chinese who made the carts were used to making electronics have used that instead of the standard way of having the battery in (like the official carts that were made in japan) because it was easier to put the battery in by not having to solder.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

I wonder if the looser battery is the reason the bootleg carts rattle when you shake them? Unless it's the chip that's loose?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

KenjutheDenjuu wrote:I wonder if the looser battery is the reason the bootleg carts rattle when you shake them? Unless it's the chip that's loose?
From my experience, it's probably the chip. They're often smaller than a real one, sometimes half the size, and the cartridge case often isn't molded very well and that makes it looser. (A bootleg copy I have of Speed is made of too-thin plastic, it can't fit in a GameShark because it's not snug enough.)

I replaced the battery in a bootleg of Pokémon Gold, and when I put the cart back together I didn't align it quite right and now all the sound is really grating :X It saves though, so eh.
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Hit-Japan have put up two copies of the regular Telefang just recently, but they're cartridge only:

Telefang Power (cartridge only)
Telefang Speed (cartridge only)
Torchickens(imported)

Post by Torchickens(imported) »

I bought what was Hit-Japan's last KDT:S, and they re-listed the item and restocked with over 10 more. That's a lot.