Telefang 2 Guidebook & Bugsite Beta on ebay

Being Japanese exclusive games, Smilesoft games are hard to find. If you find any auctions, list them here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Re: Telefang 2 Guidebook & Bugsite Beta on ebay

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

Hit-Japan on ebay is selling a copy of Bugsite Beta and also has 3 copies of the Japanese Telefang 2 guidebook up for sale.

Telefang 2 Guidebook
Bugsite Beta Version
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

ARGH why don't I have money?! (also that T2 guide is really expensive isn't it?? D: man I want one though...)
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Yeah, I thought it was a little expensive too ^^; But then I remembered it costs just about that much to import it using a middleman, plus it's rare outside of Japan as well. I'm really surprised at how much Telefang stuff they've been getting their hands on lately (all the better for us Telefang fans though!).
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

KenjutheDenjuu wrote:and also has 3 copies of the Japanese Telefang 2 guidebook up for sale.
3 copies? Make that 2! :P
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Hehe, glad you could grab a copy ^^

I think the expensive price might put a few people off though, $20 + is a lot to pay for a book (although it's probably nothing compared to middleman fees >O>)
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

The player's guides on Amazon.co.jp are generally listed for 1 yen, so it tends to work out to about ~$25 with a middleman, or less if you can get several books at once and ship them together. :/

The T2 guide is pretty nice, but I wouldn't pay $30 for it, personally. *shrug*
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

It depends on what middleman service you use really, since most of them charge different fees. For those that don't know Japanese or have access to middleman services it's probably the only way to get one, even if it is a little expensive.

One of the things I like about the books on Amazon Japan is the 1 yen price for some of them. With the fees it does add up after a bit though, especially since some middlemen charge commission for each item instead of the whole order, plus there's the 250 yen shipping rate with each book you buy on Amazon JP as well.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Well I tend to want to know my prices upfront, so I'd prefer to avoid middleman services if possible. On a related note I prefer retail over online because you don't have to wait around for the item to arrive. The added price is worth the convenience in my opinion. Same as Gamebaz vs eBay, with Gamebaz you are paying extra for the convenience of not having to wait around for an eBay listing. It's all down to personal preference really.

Also how is $20+ expensive for a book? :huh:
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

It's expensive when you have to choose between book or groceries :<
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

I just noticed that Bugsite Beta dropped in price a few moments ago.