Re: Funny 2-in1 Diamond/Jade auction

Being Japanese exclusive games, Smilesoft games are hard to find. If you find any auctions, list them here!
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

The description is hilarious. I don't even think the person selling it has even played the games at all. It's not selling cheap either.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Pokemon-Jade-and-Diamond-Gameboy-color-sp-advance-rare-Near-mint-/251033054849?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a72bc6e81
wrote:This auction is for a Pokémon Jade & Diamond Gameboy colour game. This game provides 100s of hours of fun, and was a purchased by me from a car boot about 10 years ago!
The game is in amazing condition, and the box isn't too bad either. The box art is really cool for the game. You'd be silly to miss out on purchasing this rare game for your child's, or even your own Pokémon collection!

The game includes both Jade and Diamond so they can capture all the Pokémon and enjoy both the stories which vary greatly depending on the game and choices you make!

Any child who has this game is sure to be quiet and pleased for hours on end, so why miss out on such an opportunity for such a rare game that occasionally finds its way onto ebay for £80 or even £90, at such a low price?
What makes it even more funny is this sentence:
wrote:Check my feedback to see I am highly trusted and that I always provide accurate descriptions of my products!
Yeah... xD

I'm sure kids will love the swearing and the 'Pokemon'. The random references to curry and sedge are sure to please!
SougonNaTakumi(imported)

Post by SougonNaTakumi(imported) »

Um... what's a car boot? XD
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

It's short for Car Boot sale. It's the equivalent of a Garage/Yard sale.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Yeah it's a UK thing. Rather than a yard sale where you put a bunch of junk out on your lawn and sell it, a car boot sale is where you load up the trunk of your car with junk and bring it to a lot where a bunch of other people have done the same and sell it. (Actual yard sales are illegal, I think?)
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, that confused me earlier too, because we don't have those in the US as far as I know. (At least, I never heard of them...)

Anyway, that description saddens me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone was deceived eventually if enough of those auctions were to take place. (I guess eBay doesn't care much these days about banning the games...) It's not a Pokémon game, for crying out loud! I doubt that if someone were to be deceived, they would be "pleased for hours on end" like the seller says... And I love how he brags about the price being low when it's rather high.
TimeWalker(imported)

Post by TimeWalker(imported) »

wrote:Any child who has this game is sure to be quiet
Hey, I think this isn't quite bad. If you have an annoying child, you can just give him this game. :P
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

It's been sold! I wonder who the (un?)lucky owner is? Someone offered only £6 pounds or so below the actual price and won it. I wonder what the point of bidding six pounds less was if they were willing to pay nearly the same price? It was £38 originally and they've won it for £32. If it was a parent buying it for a child, they're going to have a lot of questions about certain parts of dialogue i'm sure....

Parent:"Where did you learn that sort of language?!?"
Kid: "In my Pokemon game, Mummy!".

Yeah, I can picture that xD
shay-shay

Post by shay-shay »

LOL ^^
LittleKochia(imported)

Post by LittleKochia(imported) »

That description was the lulz.
What I want to know is, how the heck does he have no negative feedback? xD
Also, I don't think anybody bought the game. It said the offer was expired and that the item was re-listed. Oo
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

It's certainly a contrast to this auction that just came up, that's for sure: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POKEMON-JADE-VERSION-Gameboy-Game-Telefang-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-/120926176750?pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c27c305ee

They've accurately described the bootleg Pokemon Jade as an unofficial translated version of Telefang. It's probably the most truthful description i've seen out there xD Glad they're informed.