What are some good 'go-between' services?

Being Japanese exclusive games, Smilesoft games are hard to find. If you find any auctions, list them here!
Torchickens(imported)

Re: What are some good 'go-between' services?

Post by Torchickens(imported) »

This isn't related to a particular Telefang auction per-se, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend for me any good, reliable "go-between" or "proxy services" for bidding overseas at websites like Yahoo Auctions Japan and Rakuten?

I have heard that Celga are good, but it put me off after reading some of the responses in this thread, and how they apparently re-sell some people's items that were never paid for.

I'm considering registering at Japonica Market, but felt it would be best to hear from the experiences of another user on these forums who has used such a service first could probably discuss some of their strong and weak points.

Thanks. =)
KenjutheDenjuu(imported)

Post by KenjutheDenjuu(imported) »

I'd really recommend Treasure-Japan (http://treasure-japan.com/), they're super fast at bidding for you on auctions and are always really quick to ship things out. I used them to get the Comic BomBom's for the Telefang pages and other Japanese things. I've heard some not so great things about Celga sometimes too but I don't know much about them.
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Hmm, I've used Celga a lot in the past, but they've gotten a bit less likeable lately (since they're much more focused towards facebook users now)... I've never had any problems ordering from them, but in my experience they tend to overshoot on their exchange rates, since they go by a set rate posted on their website instead of what it actually is.

My favourite service right now is Yokatta Shopping, which I used the last couple times I had to buy from Yahoo Auctions... The orders are done completely through email and they seem pretty friendly and willing to listen to special cases, which is a major plus IMO. Their prices also tend to be cheaper than Celga's on store items, but for auctions that might be different depending on the closing price.

I've never heard of Japonica Market, but they seem like they might be good if you're buying multiple items from the same store/seller, since they discount the commission fee. XD From that link you posted they seem to get good reviews, so it'd probably be worth a shot. *shrug*
Torchickens(imported)

Post by Torchickens(imported) »

Kimbles wrote:Hmm, I've used Celga a lot in the past, but they've gotten a bit less likeable lately (since they're much more focused towards facebook users now)... I've never had any problems ordering from them, but in my experience they tend to overshoot on their exchange rates, since they go by a set rate posted on their website instead of what it actually is.

My favourite service right now is Yokatta Shopping, which I used the last couple times I had to buy from Yahoo Auctions... The orders are done completely through email and they seem pretty friendly and willing to listen to special cases, which is a major plus IMO. Their prices also tend to be cheaper than Celga's on store items, but for auctions that might be different depending on the closing price.

I've never heard of Japonica Market, but they seem like they might be good if you're buying multiple items from the same store/seller, since they discount the commission fee. XD From that link you posted they seem to get good reviews, so it'd probably be worth a shot. *shrug*
wrote:I'd really recommend Treasure-Japan (http://treasure-japan.com/), they're super fast at bidding for you on auctions and are always really quick to ship things out. I used them to get the Comic BomBom's for the Telefang pages and other Japanese things. I've heard some not so great things about Celga sometimes too but I don't know much about them.
Thanks a lot for both your advice. I really appreciate it!

In the ended I decided on Japonica Market. The way that the service seems personal and friendly appeals to me, and I've also decided on purchasing several items at once to cut the commission fees.

Hopefully this works out.