Krypto~'s account hacked again

Have ideas on how to make the boards better? Post them here!
Blaziken257

Re: Krypto~'s account hacked again

Post by Blaziken257 »

Note: This thread was split up from this thread.

It looks like Puniisuto~/Krypto~ got hacked... again, and the hacker edited all his/her posts to "..". I really hope a hacker isn't on the loose here. It's bad enough on YouTube and I would really hate to see the same situation happen here. (Speaking of YouTube, it seems that his/her YouTube account got hacked too, because the account is closed!)

I did see the post before it was edited, though, and it was a link to VGMaps. I think those were Jade's maps.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Maybe Puniisuto~/Krypto~ suffers from a case of "new account, same password"?
Krypto~ wrote:..
.. - .----. ... .- .-.. .-- .- -.-- ... .- -... --- ..- - -.-- --- ..- .. ... -. .----. - .. - ..--.. .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... . -.-- . ... :rolleyes: :lol:
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, that's entirely possible. At first I thought it might be somebody who knows him/her in real life and Krypto~ left himself/herself logged on, allowing somebody else to take over (without even having to guess the password). But if his/her YouTube account was indeed hacked, then the hacker does likely know the password, since you can't close a YouTube account without knowing the password to the account. And the fact that he/she was hacked multiple times does support your theory that he/she reuses password. Of course, it's possible that he/she stores the password on the computer, or uses really obvious passwords like "password", "123456", or using the same password as his/her username.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

Krypto's group is 'validating', does that mean anything?

<--------------------------------------------------------------
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Blaziken changed the group so that the so-called 'hacker' can't post.

Really, someone who just steals a password isn't really a hacker, and the account isn't hacked, but stolen.

Now, I should make the backups more often, so that lost posts like these can be recovered...
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

Awww, I thought I was on to something...
I still don't see why anyone would hack/steal his account...
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I didn't actually change it. The hacker changed the e-mail address associated with the account, so it automatically changed to "Validating." The user group would change back to "Members" if the e-mail address was confirmed, but it wasn't, and from looking at the e-mail address, it just appears to be that it's a nonsensical one to attempt to lock out the account forever. However, admins can change the e-mail address back, and I still remember the e-mail address from the last time the account was hacked.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Could you check the IP logs and compare the hacker's with IPs of other users on this site, or perform a whois check on it?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be IP logs for InvisionFree. I'll ask on invisionfree.com though. ZetaBoards seems to have IP logs, though.

While IP address do show up on every post made, they are not recorded for edits made. This is really inconvenient.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

What happened to the ZetaBoards switchover?