Krypto~'s account hacked again

Have ideas on how to make the boards better? Post them here!
Sanqui

Re: Krypto~'s account hacked again

Post by Sanqui »

Either the hacker wrote that, or I hate you right now.
Kalliekat(imported)

Post by Kalliekat(imported) »

Please ignore that last message by 'Kuribu', that was certainly not me.

I've run a virus check and it picked up something which I believe may have been responsible. It's been deleted, so hopefully it won't turn up again... fingers crossed.

I've also lost all my scans as well, since my backup has been deleted. I'll scan those all back in when i've got the time as well as some other things i've been meaning to post. Again... I'm really sorry for all of this...this is as much of a problem for me as it is for you guys. I've never had something this bad happen before... :(

On a good note though, while i've been away, I started playing Telefang! I'm just at Kelina Village at the moment with Kesi. Loving the game so far (and it saves too! No prop/no items glitch either!) :3

Kalliekat~
Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Are you using a different computer or email now? >_> Also, please do an anti-malware scan as well...

Would it be possible at least to delete the broken topics and accounts? They're not doing anything useful here anymore, just taking up space...

EDIT: The Kuribu post is from the same IP... o_O
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Kimbles wrote: EDIT: The Kuribu post is from the same IP... o_O
Yeah, I wanted to check that (I was waiting for Blaziken257). Thanks. :O
I'm backing up the forums regularly now, so if (or rather, when) something like that happens again, we can restore the posts.
Kalliekat(imported)

wrote:EDIT: The Kuribu post is from the same IP... o_O
Could they be using my IP address somehow? I don't really understand what's going on... :blink:

Kalliekat~
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Kalliekat wrote:
wrote:EDIT: The Kuribu post is from the same IP... o_O
Could they be using my IP address somehow? I don't really understand what's going on... :blink:

Kalliekat~
No. That basicly means that the post either came from your computer, or from your network (for example, from another computer in your house).
Kalliekat(imported)

Sanky wrote:No. That basicly means that the post either came from your computer, or from your network (for example, from another computer in your house).
That's weird.... I have no idea how that could have possibly happened, since I haven't posted anything except for the posts on my account that i'm using at the moment.

This is getting even more confusing... :wacko:

Kalliekat~
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Since the "Kuribu" person is from the same IP, here are some new possibilities:

- Is there anybody in your household that would do this type of thing? Do you have any siblings that would do this?
- Do you use a public computer (e.g. a computer at a library or a school, etc.)? Alternately, if you use Wi-Fi, do you use a hotspot (like at a coffee shop or something)?
- If you use Wi-Fi, is your network encrypted? (In other words, do you need a password to be able to use it?) If not, maybe somebody who lives nearby is leeching off your Wi-Fi (which might explain the same IP address) and maybe is even breaking into your computer that way (which might explain how he knows your passwords).

EDIT: Was the Kuribu account ever yours at all? He/she registered with your e-mail address and apparently confirmed it (or else he wouldn't have been able to post). If that account wasn't yours, then he might somehow have access to your e-mail...

Also, if that account was yours, did you ever make that post, later edited by the hacker, or did the hacker create it from scratch (i.e. he didn't edit it at all)?
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

It's happening again.
Kalliekat's group is Validating.
Backing up the forum~

EDIT: Oh, wait. Validating means the account is locked already. So the posts are safe. But I'll back it up, just to be sure.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

If you have brothers or sisters then one of them obviously hates you.

I would recommend clearing your cookies and personal data in IE, switching to firefox, and setting it to clear out personal data and cookies every time you close the browser. As an extension to that I would recommend creating a new account with a new password and new email address on an online service (hotmail, gmail, etc.) that also uses that new password. If you want you use IE then clear cookies and personal data before closing the browser.

That should hopefully either fix the issue (likely), or dramatically narrow down the possible causes so that we can come up with a fix.