Keitai Denjuu Telefang Trading Card Game

Have Telefang fan art you wish to show off to the world? Post it here!
RacieB

Re: Keitai Denjuu Telefang Trading Card Game

Post by RacieB »

I hate to see an empty fan art board, so I might as well toss my stuff in here >___> I've been working on this idea for a Telefang TCG, I haven't explained the rules anywhere yet but I've got them pretty much figured out I think. I wish this could be a real card game, as it is I'll probably end up printing off decks a Kinko's and making my sister play with me XP

Anyway, here are the cards I've made so far (linked to dA for convenience):

Phone Cards
Evolution Cards
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

Yeah, I've seen your Telefang art (which is the main reason why I made a board dedicated to fan art), and it's awesome. It almost looks like official art! In fact, when I first saw the art on your site (such as the wallpapers), I thought it was official art. How do you draw so well? You got the exp of 100! (OK, that was dumb, sorry...)
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

I don't know, really.. I've just drawn weird animals for pretty much as long as I can remember XP Telefang has a pretty unique style, it's kind of hard to imitate (especially celshading, I'm no good at that) but it's a lot of fun. I tried to mix up the styles on the cards a little, especially shading-wise, some are vector stuff and some are soft, but I think my lineart is pretty much always the same.
xRovielx(imported)

Post by xRovielx(imported) »

The card design was great! How to draw like dat???? What software did you use?

Inspiration! I'm gonna draw e-monsters now...if I cant Ill practice drawing the trees...
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Thanks ^_^" I sketch the stuff in pencil, scan it and trace the lineart in Adobe Illustrator, then do the coloring and everything else in Photoshop. The card design itself took a while, I hate doing graphic design type stuff.. that's why I haven't made any items yet, been having trouble doing the layout for their cards x_x
dandel(imported)

Post by dandel(imported) »

im a good spriter i just need help posting the image.
myrle(imported)

Post by myrle(imported) »

Good stuff. Dang, do you really make all that stuff with a mouse? I can't do jack squat when it comes to making decent lineart with a mouse. :(
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Vector lineart is really easy with a mouse, way more so than trying to actually draw the lines x__x I'm only tracing what I already did in pencil anyway, I don't think I could do too well without sketching it out first..
myrle(imported)

Post by myrle(imported) »

Ahh. I'm a n00b at Illustrator, my crappy laptop mouse is all i have, and my hands are really unsteady. x-x I'm hoping to get a tablet for Xmas.
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Welp, inspired by working on the Telefang 2 patch, I've started making some more cards with its Denjuu!

Parrotto
Diablos
Rupicola
Rupicola B

I've also got the art for Parrotto 1 about half done, as well as Rupicola A sketched, plus I know what pose I want for Diablos 1 but haven't drawn it right yet.