Power Version Menu Translation Attempt

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
DeKaFu

Re: Power Version Menu Translation Attempt

Post by DeKaFu »

Well, I won't argue about it anymore. I know it's not made up, but that doesn't make it valid.

It seems our pet-peeves are just going to clash with eachother. :P

Edit: Oh, I missed where you said this:
wrote:But if you both are serious about me naming it (copy and paste) "Ornithogalum" then I will do so, but I doubt it will be necessary since most people know a shortened name when they see it.
So I apologize if I kept arguing after you'd tried to end it... XD

But yeah, the thing is that new people who only play the patch won't know it's shortened and it might confuse them. But really, sorry for being so pushy. ^^; It's just that it's my pet-peeve too.

I still hope we can be friends?
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

andwhyisit wrote: BTW:
Feral + Aligator = Feraligator
Kangaroo + Ghengis Khan = Kangaskhan

Duh!
Actually, it's Feraligatr, without the o, because of the 10-character limit. Even Pokémon has character limits! Kind of like "PsnCureBerry" and "Parlyz Heal," as well as "Dynamicpunch" being one word...
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Blaziken257 wrote:
andwhyisit wrote: BTW:
Feral + Aligator = Feraligator
Kangaroo + Ghengis Khan = Kangaskhan

Duh!
Actually, it's Feraligatr, without the o, because of the 10-character limit. Even Pokémon has character limits! Kind of like "PsnCureBerry" and "Parlyz Heal," as well as "Dynamicpunch" being one word...
I know that already. I gave you the naming process, not the actual name.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

DeKaFu wrote: Well, I won't argue about it anymore. I know it's not made up, but that doesn't make it valid.

It seems our pet-peeves are just going to clash with eachother. :P

Edit: Oh, I missed where you said this:
wrote:But if you both are serious about me naming it (copy and paste) "Ornithogalum" then I will do so, but I doubt it will be necessary since most people know a shortened name when they see it.
So I apologize if I kept arguing after you'd tried to end it... XD

But yeah, the thing is that new people who only play the patch won't know it's shortened and it might confuse them. But really, sorry for being so pushy. ^^; It's just that it's my pet-peeve too.

I still hope we can be friends?
No worries then. I am quite fine with the long names as long as the text doesn't get too squishy.

EDIT: Whoops, double post.
Milnivri(imported)

Post by Milnivri(imported) »

Ok this topic (or rather the whole forum) has been rather inactive so far, but just to say, I've been working on a VB program to edit Denjuu names in proper ASCII and not Hex, but if you're already done with all the changing of names, then I guess it's wasted?

Confused... so is it done or not or what?
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Milnivri wrote: Ok this topic (or rather the whole forum) has been rather inactive so far, but just to say, I've been working on a VB program to edit Denjuu names in proper ASCII and not Hex, but if you're already done with all the changing of names, then I guess it's wasted?

Confused... so is it done or not or what?
Are you able to make one for dialogue and menu/battle text? That would be very helpful. I changed the in game text values to ascii values anyway but to not have to mess with pointer tables or figure out the compression for the dialogue would be good. Even if I have done it release the program anyway

Then again I really should push myself to learn assembly so that I can finish this patch, but laziness is getting in the way. *bangs head on desk*
Milnivri(imported)

If I change the offset and tweak a bit here and there, maybe. ^^

But you said pointers? I don't think I used pointers in there, still quite noob at these stuff... :( All I did was just to make it easier to insert the text.

By the way I don't get what you mean when you say you changed the in game text values to ascii values. Argh

And by the way I can't use Jap words in the tool (to change the Jap to other Jap), since VB6 doesn't really support Unicode or some other reason. But I don't think you'll be dealing with Jap in this hack anyway.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Milnivri wrote: If I change the offset and tweak a bit here and there, maybe. ^^

But you said pointers? I don't think I used pointers in there, still quite noob at these stuff... :( All I did was just to make it easier to insert the text.

By the way I don't get what you mean when you say you changed the in game text values to ascii values. Argh

And by the way I can't use Jap words in the tool (to change the Jap to other Jap), since VB6 doesn't really support Unicode or some other reason. But I don't think you'll be dealing with Jap in this hack anyway.
I changed the letter tile locations with a tile editer so that the ingame characters have the same hex values as their ascii counterparts.

If your program works with the bootleg then I would recommend you release it anyway since my patch is quite unplayable (broken dialogue text) at the moment and this might help anyone cleaning up the engrish in the bootleg.
Milnivri(imported)

Oh, so you mean you replaced the Japanese tiles with English tiles?
Then I'll have to tweak it more... okay. Can I find out from you which is exactly replaced with what (or the Hex values for every letter) for your hack.

Thanks.

By the way I'm having problems with making it save, so I guess I can't really release it soon at the moment... :(

EDIT: After looking through the Hex of your patch, I couldn't make head or tail of it... I read the pointers tutorial but I'm still confused. Argh I can't find where the pointer points to. So can you please explain to me how to go from one pointer to the other (or something) so I can include this in the program. For now I can only support the ROMs which tiles are not changed.

Never mind, the save problem is less now. Still problem.

EDITEDIT: Save problem solved! So simple, just careless xD
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

Milnivri wrote: Oh, so you mean you replaced the Japanese tiles with English tiles?
Then I'll have to tweak it more... okay. Can I find out from you which is exactly replaced with what (or the Hex values for every letter) for your hack.

Thanks.

By the way I'm having problems with making it save, so I guess I can't really release it soon at the moment... :(

EDIT: After looking through the Hex of your patch, I couldn't make head or tail of it... I read the pointers tutorial but I'm still confused. Argh I can't find where the pointer points to. So can you please explain to me how to go from one pointer to the other (or something) so I can include this in the program. For now I can only support the ROMs which tiles are not changed.

Never mind, the save problem is less now. Still problem.

EDITEDIT: Save problem solved! So simple, just careless xD
Current Patch is here:
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tulunk_Village...p?showtopic=173

But don't bother with making it for my patch.

The characters don't need to be converted to ascii because they are converted to ascii in the hex. You can open the rom in notepad and find the names in plain english if you wanted.

So make it for the unaltered diamond and power roms to help others since it will be a while before I get back to this.