Blank screen

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
MrReptile(imported)

Re: Blank screen

Post by MrReptile(imported) »

Guy guys. I'm pretty new here, so I apologize if this has been asked numerous times before.

I wanted to try playing Telefang 1, and heard that there is a translation patch for it. Excited, I searched and found the most recent patch available. I followed the instructions for applying an ips patch to the rom, which the patcher said worked.

For some reason, when I try to play the rom now, after the typical company logos pop up there is a white screen. The title screen wont even show! So far, I could only find problems similar to mine with Pokemon Emerald. The solution was to change the save type to "flash 128kb"... But the same thing happened...

Any ideas?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

Hmm, which patch was it? Off the top of my head I know that happens with one of my SGB border patches but those are separate from the translation project :x
MrReptile(imported)

I found it on the wikifang site. It's Blaziken257's version 101 patch.

Kimbles(imported)

Post by Kimbles(imported) »

Did you apply it to the Speed version or the bootleg? So far, the patch only works with a Japanese Power rom... Aside from that I'm out of ideas. :S
MrReptile(imported)

Well that explains it. I applied it to Speed. Thanks so much for clarifying! :)
Blaziken257

Post by Blaziken257 »

I guess this is a good example of why the BPS format is a good idea (as opposed to IPS) -- it stores checksum information, so a BPS patch intended for Power wouldn't work if you try to apply it to Speed.