Re: (Incomplete) Telefang English Translation

Discuss anything related to hacking ROMs of the Telefang games here.
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

V63: http://wikifang.meowcorp.us/etc/TPatch63.ips

* Put in new translations and doubled the character limits of the following:
Item names, T-Fangers, attacks, habitats, personalities, status effects
See Wikifang for details!
* Made the Denjuu name in ___ appeared! correct
* Ate even more space from ROM0

EDIT: Fixed a freeze, please redownload!
kmeisthax

Post by kmeisthax »

If it's a bugfix you just released, doesn't that really make it v64?

Edit 01: also what exactly did you change to fix the freeze bug?

Edit 02: I was almost going to call it v65 to make up for the second revision on v63, but I decided otherwise. v64 is out. I was also going to edit my existing post, but I need the topic to be marked unread so everyone knows there's a new patch.

Sadly, Sanky forgot to integrate v61, which means oddly centered text and some cut-offs. I decided to hold off on rebreaking the routine until I can make a proper fix for it.

Edit 03: It appears double posts just get turned into normal edits, so I have no way of actually forcing this to be an unread topic. Would someone bump the thread just so that everyone knows THERES A NEW PATCH VERSION?
RacieB

Post by RacieB »

-fistbump-
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

kmeisthax wrote:The routine is actually written to center 8 tile wide lines. It counts how many letters are unused in the temporary line storage area [de] and divides it by four to get how many spaces should be added. Normally two would suffice, but it's four, specifically because the line storage is twice as wide as the status line items loaded this way.
That was me. I could have used (16-x)/2 where x is the length of the name, with half-width spaces (20h). However VWF wasn't working properly for most centered names. So I used half the amount of full-width spaces (00h), instead of the full amount of half-width spaces, to stop it rendering stuff like " Cry" for "Crypto". It was a temporary fix until the VWF was fully working.

Where s is a full-width space:
0.5s*2=s
kmeisthax

Post by kmeisthax »

It doesn't matter, I'm going to replace the routine with one that actually uses the VWF state properly. And also make denjuu and t-fanger names longer tile-wise on the encounter screen, because there's space for that and it won't actually be centered if I don't.

...Once I excise the monster that is the "Main Script Hack" from the VWF so we stop getting random tile glitches on the Status Item text.
Patch v65 inbound.

Main changes are a bunch of new NOPs added to the VWF core. Basically the VWF doesn't touch anything of the Main Script's anymore. I moved all of the NOP'd out code to the main script routine so that other calls to the VWF won't corrupt the main script tile offset pointer - normally this isn't a problem, except for the Denjuu call screen which doesn't have an initializer.

Also, Oshe's curry speech on the denjuu call screen is either improperly formatted or I have more bugs. Can't tell yet.
Oi, also forgot to mention that this also fixes all the status item text.
andwhyisit
Site Admin

Post by andwhyisit »

kmeisthax wrote:It doesn't matter, I'm going to replace the routine with one that actually uses the VWF state properly.
I know that. I was simply posting an explaination in response to your development notes.
Tkallab(imported)

Post by Tkallab(imported) »

I don't know if you're aware of this bug, but I just found something weird when a denjuu faints. Look at the health bar :/
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Tkallab wrote:I don't know if you're aware of this bug, but I just found something weird when a denjuu faints. Look at the health bar :/
The first tile of character the health bar graphics is getting overwritten. This bug exists ever since v31... I'm pretty sure we know all the bugs by now :|
Diamond(imported)

Post by Diamond(imported) »

wrote:This bug exists ever since v31... I'm pretty sure we know all the bugs by now :|
So why hasn't it been fixed ? :ermm:
Sanqui

Post by Sanqui »

Diamond wrote:
wrote:This bug exists ever since v31... I'm pretty sure we know all the bugs by now :|
So why hasn't it been fixed ? :ermm:
Because nobody stepped out to do it. You're free to do it yourself, if you want to! :|

Now, really, I think kmeisthax is working on fixing exactly that. But there's not a whole lot of us, our skills aren't equal in all areas and we don't have the time to work on the patch all the time..